On 1/13/20 9:45 AM, Shiba Subedi wrote:
Dear all,

I'm new for python. I'm trying to compute damping coefficient ( for the
waveform trace data)  but I didn't get how can I do. I can plot the envelope
but my interest is to find out the damping coefficient of the trace. How is it
possible?

If you've already got a method of calculating the envelope then what you want is to minimize the error between that calculated envelope and that of your damping function, which I'll assume is in the form a * exp(-bt).

Write a function estimated_envelope(t, a, b) that does that math, and use scipy.optimize.curve_fit to dial in (a,b) against your measured data. This error function doesn't have a lot of exciting topography, so your initial guesses p0 can be pretty far off and you'll still converge.