On 1/26/20 6:52 PM, DL Neil via Python-list wrote:
On 27/01/20 4:15 AM, ferzan saglam wrote:
Hello people, I have written the code below which works fine, but it has one small problem. Instead of printing one (x) on the first line, it prints two.
I have tried everything in my knowledge, but cannot fix the problem.
Thanks for any help in advance.
for x in range ( 0, 10):
   stars = 'x'
   count = 0
while count < x:
   stars = stars + 'x'
   count = count + 1
   print (stars)

These loops are serial, ie one after the other, and not "nested" (one 'inside' the other) - or the email messed-up the indentation.

However, why "nest" or have more than one loop, in any case?

>>> for i in range( 0, 10 ):
...     print( "*"*i )

*
**
***
****
*****
******
*******
********
*********

First, your answer doesn't solve his problem, as his expected was lines of 1 to 10 stars, not 0 to 9.

Second, this smells a bit like homework, and if they haven't learned the results of string times integer, then using that operation wouldn't be in their tool kit, so having a loop to build that operator makes sense.

--
Richard Damon