This application has 8 data entry/edit view modules of tkinter widgets and
an additional module called commonDlg which is imported into each of the
others.

Each view module has a comments tk.Text widget:
self.inputs['Notes'] = cd.LabelInput(
            taxoninfo, "notes",
            input_class = Tk.Text,
            input_args = {'width': 75, 'height': 10, 'wrap': 'word'}
        )
        self.inputs['Notes'].grid(sticky = 'w', row=3, column= 0)
        # vertical scrollbar
        scroll_y = tk.Scrollbar(self, orient="vertical", command=notes.yview)
        scroll_y.grid(row=3, sticky='nsw')
        notes.configure(yscrollcommand=scroll_y.set)
        # horizontal scrollbar
        scroll_x = tk.Scrollbar(self, orient="horizontal", command=notes.xview)
        scroll_x.grid(row=3, sticky='wen')
        notes.configure(xscrollcommand=scroll_x.set)

(I'm not confident I have the scrollbars correctly written.)

Now, when I edit this data entry widge I do so in each of the eight data
entry/edit modules. My question is whether I can put this one widget in the
commonDlgs module and have it called in each module where it belongs. If so,
what is the proper syntax?

Rich