On 21/05/2020 5:28 am, Charles Seagraves wrote:
Hi,
I have been learning and using Python to create a program to play Mah Jongg
and it was going well until my windows 10 computer started receiving an
update. My computer restarted and Python was gone. I have attempted to
reinstall with a message that the install was successful. When I started to
use it I got the following message.

pythonw.exe - System Error
The code execution cannot proceed because python38.dll was not found.
Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

I have reinstalled python several times. Repaired it several times but
continue to get the same error.
I uninstalled the bad Windows update but still had the same problem trying
to get python running.

That sounds horrible. Have you tried installing Python 3.7 or 3.9? 32bit? 64bit?

Also, I would try doing a custom install to a better location than the Windows standard place. My favourite is C:\Python36, C:\Python37, C:\Python38 etc.

All the best

Mike

Please help,
Charlie Seagraves