On 02/07/2020 18:11, Dieter Maurer wrote:
I am no member of the Council. Thus, your questions are not directed
to me. **BUT** you made your questions public and thus you are
likely prepared to receive public comments.

Fortunately you don't answer any of the questions, so I don't need to have an opinion on that :-)

The commit message tries to provide the motivation for
the change. In my view, it is good to document change motivations
and a commit message is not a bad place for that.

True. However, the motivation as appeared in the discussions was (approximately) that many people, especially those whose first language is not English, find being given a list of writing guidelines like Strunk and White's "The Elements of Style" intimidating. That's fair enough, though a bit more consideration suggests that many people have exactly the opposite problem. The wording could be amended to reassure both, and I've been contemplating doing so.

The political diatribe about the linguistic contribution to white supremacy of standardized English appeared nowhere in the discussion. Had it done so, I suspect Keala would have realised quite quickly that using it would be (and has been) controversial and divisive, the exact opposite of her stated intentions.

All of which is quite beside the point for the questions I raised. As I said, it doesn't matter whether you agree with that political opinion raised, disagree with it, or do not give a monkey's, should _any_ political opinion be in the repo?

--
Rhodri James *-* Kynesim Ltd