On 9/29/2020 9:48 AM, Pierre Bonville wrote:
I have a small problem with the method .quit() of tkinter.

What problem?  It works for me (3.9 on Win 10).

>>> import tkinter as tk
>>> r = tk.Tk()
>>> b = tk.Button(r, text= r.quit)
>>> b = tk.Button(r, text='quit', command=r.quit)
>>> b.pack()
>>> r.mainloop()  # This blocks until press button.
>>> # Root window with button is still displayed.

Your program has a lot more stuff extraneous to your question and requires matplotlib and numpy.

Posted code should be a minimal reproducible example such as above.

Try adding a few lines at a time until it breaks or does what you want.

--
Terry Jan Reedy