On 4/2/21 9:42 AM, Joe Pfeiffer wrote:
It's not a bug, it's a design choice you are disagreeing with:  managing
indentation is your job, not the interpreter's.  For anything other than
an absolutely trivial three-line script, I write in an editor that does
a good job helping me manage indentation (in my case, emacs in Python
mode).

The Python interactive interpreter is very useful for doing quick experiments in, but for any kind of serious work, you definitiely want an editor with an understanding of Python syntax to help you out. Even the included IDLE development environment will auto-indent for you. So will vim, emacs, Visual Studio Code, PyCharm, Eric, Atom, Wing IDE and a host of others. No need to get frustrated!!!

<mikedianete...@gmail.com> writes:

    The following snap shot of system prompt illustrates my problem. I have
    tried 3.8, 3.92 and 3.10 with the same result. When I run in the window
    interface it doesn't even display one row of ... but does print if I hit
    return twice. I'm new to Python and was excited about learning it but am
    becoming very frustrated over a bug in such a simple conditional statement
    - please help as I would really like to master Python.