On 02/04/2021 23:10, dn via Python-list wrote:
(f) the space-saver:

resource = "Oil"; time = 1; crude = 2; residue = 3; my_list = "long"

IMO This can be OK when the number of items is VERY small (like 2) and not expected to increase (or decrease).  Especially if there are multiple similar initialisations:
    x = 1; y = 2
    x = 2 ; y = 6
This saves vertical space and the similarity of the initialisations may be more apparent.  It also means only a single line need be cut/pasted/modified.
No doubt others will disagree.

This answer reflects my willingness to use multiple statements on a line OCCASIONALLY, WHEN I think it is appropriate (as I have said or implied in other posts), whereas many people seem to regard this as completely taboo.
Another example:
    x1 = 42; y1 =  3;  z1 = 10
    x2 = 41; y2 = 12; z2 = 9
    x3 =  8;  y3 =  8;  z3 = 10
(please imagine it's in a fixed font with everything neatly vertically aligned). This has see-at-a-glance STRUCTURE: the letters are aligned vertically and the "subscripts" horizontally.  Write it as 9 lines and it becomes an amorphous mess in which mistakes are harder to spot.
Rob Cliffe