Il 17/04/2021 10:56, Paul Edwards ha scritto:
On Saturday, April 17, 2021 at 7:52:07 AM UTC+10, jak wrote:

one thing is not clear to me, do you absolutely need to use "asma"?

http://www.z390.org/

I forgot to mention that it also requires Java. So instead
of porting Python to the S/3X0 I would need to port
Java.

Note that Java (and Python for that matter) are available
for later versions of z/OS, but as far as I am aware, they
are not available for the free MVS that hobbyists use, ie
MVS 3.8J, and it's definitely not available for the
environment I'm actually interested in, which is PDOS/3X0.

BFN. Paul.

I looked at the "asma" folder and noticed that some files were touched 6 years ago. I could deduce from this that the authors might have an older version, perhaps developed for an older version of python, probably for the 2.x versions. You could try contacting the authors to ask about this. Python 2.x porting would probably be easier.