On 01/06/2021 23:32, Rich Shepard wrote:
On Tue, 1 Jun 2021, Ethan Furman wrote:

Well, you only had two logging statements in that code -- logging is like
print: if you want to see it, you have to call it:

Ethan,

Got it, thanks.

I believe

Do you have unit tests? Those are an excellent tool to ensure that the components of an application work as expected and that those components have well-defined interfaces. Debugging a failing unittest is usually easier than to debug a complex application. While I don't know if there is a convenient way to test the GUI everything else should run reliably *before* connecting it with the GUI.

my problem is with the datasource module. I'm focused on making it
work (using logging to confirm that it is doing so). Will report results
when they're available.

Regards,

Rich