Mike Easter wrote:
Terry Reedy wrote:
Mike Easter wrote:
For those who are following this thread on a conventional news server, there are missing parts which came from the python-list mailing list instead.

For those who prefer an nntp access to the mailing list, the corresponding group on news.gmane.io is gmane.comp.python.general.

Posting there is unconventional.

Huh?  If you read this, posting from gmane works fine!

In the past, old gmane required posting w/ a good email because the gmane server required you to receive an email and self-approve your posting.

So, are you saying that gmane didn't require you to approve/authorize your msg?

I was able to read your msg on both gmane's and my conventional nntp.  I replied on my conventional NIN because my typical config (and my config on the experimental gmane acct) was w/ a bogus/invalid email, and previously an accidental attempt to post on gmane that way failed.

I'm reading a msg that suggests that if you a sub/ed to the py-list, that takes care of the gmane 'unconventional' problem.

--
Mike Easter