On 9/3/2021 1:47 AM, Chris Angelico wrote:
On Fri, Sep 3, 2021 at 3:42 PM DFS <nos...@dfs.com> wrote:

Having a problem with the DB2 connector

test.py
import ibm_db_dbi
connectstring =
'DATABASE=xxx;HOSTNAME=localhost;PORT=50000;PROTOCOL=TCPIP;UID=xxx;PWD=xxx;'
conn = ibm_db_dbi.connect(connectstring,'','')

curr  = conn.cursor
print(curr)

According to PEP 249, what you want is conn.cursor() not conn.cursor.

I'm a bit surprised as to the repr of that function though, which
seems to be this line from your output:

<ibm_db_dbi.Connection object at 0x000002154D2FED30>

I'd have expected it to say something like "method cursor of
Connection object", which would have been an immediate clue as to what
needs to be done. Not sure why the repr is so confusing, and that
might be something to report upstream.

ChrisA

Thanks. I must've done it right, using conn.cursor(), 500x. Bleary-eyed from staring at code too long I guess.

Now can you get DB2 to accept ; as a SQL statement terminator like the rest of the world? They call it "An unexpected token"...