On 16/09/2021 19.11, Alan Gauld wrote:
On 16/09/2021 06:50, af kh wrote:
Hello,
I was doing some coding on a website called replit

I have no idea what that is but...

after answering 'no' or 'yes' after the last sentence I wrote,
the Python window shut off,

That's what you told it to do in the code.
Regardless of which answer the user gives the program
reaches the end and stops.

  in replit I added one more sentence, but it isn't shown on Python,

I dn;t know what this means.

#Gives greetings to the user
import random
#Ask to pick between numbers 1~10 to see if you will get lucky today: Third
question
number = input("Please pick between numbers 1~10 to see your luck for today: ")

#From number 1~3 and an answer
if number == "1" or number == "2" or number == "3" :
   print("You're in greeeeat luck today!")

#From number 4~7 and an answer
elif number == "4" or number == "5" or number == "6" :
   print("damn, bad luck is coming your way")

The cde and comment are not consistent.

#From number 8~10 and an answer
elif number == "7" or number == "8" or number == "9" or number == "10" :
   print("I cannot sense any luck today, try again next time")

Same here.

This is, of course, why comments shouldn't just translate the code
into English. They'll get out of synch. Instead, comments should say
*why* the code is doing what it does.

--
Michael F. Stemper
Exodus 22:21