On 2021-10-27 12:41:56 +0200, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> Am Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 11:36:33PM +0000 schrieb Stefan Ram:
> > xyzzy = lambda x: 2 * x
> >   . Sometimes, this can even lead to "naming paralysis", where
> >   one thinks excessively long about a good name. To avoid this
> >   naming paralysis, one can start out with a mediocre name. In
> >   the course of time, often a better name will come to one's mind.
>
> In that situation, is it preferable to choose a nonsensical
> name over a mediocre one ?

I don't know. A mediocre name conveys at least some information, and
that seems to be better than none. On the other hand it might be just
enough to lead the reader astray which wouldn't happen with a
non-sensical name.

But since perfect names are hard to find, using nonsensical instead of
mediocre names would mean choosing nonsensical names most of the time.
So I'll stick with mediocre names if in doubt.

        hp