- “if you are deploying to something like Heroku for the application -- the
Excel file will have to be deployed also, and no one except your application
will be able to see it there. Under this situation, there is no reason/excuse
to keep the data in the very inefficient format you've defined in the most
recent message. Import into some supported database and normalize the data to
make updates easier.”

Ok with deploying the Excel file also. Next time I will switch to another
database.

-“Well, you know how to read the contents of a cell, and how to put items into
a dict (the key will be the cell contents and the value will be the column
number).”

No, I don’t know. I tried but still the same.

-“The column numbers will go from 1 to sheet.last_column, although some of them
might be empty (their value will be None), which you can remove from the dict
afterward.”

No need to do with the whole spreadsheet only the first column is enough