Il 13/06/2022 23:58, Mats Wichmann ha scritto:
On 6/13/22 11:11, Michael F. Stemper wrote:
On 13/06/2022 08.49, jak wrote:
Hello everyone,
I would like to write a tool to compile post office bulletins because
here, unfortunately, they are still the most convenient way to interface
the public administration. I don't want to create a UI to edit the
bulletin, I will take the data from some file or database but I'd like
to print or save the bulletin to the file with all the fields filled in.
To accomplish this, I thought about creating a basic graphic (jpg?) file
with the bulletin image,

Please don't create an image. Create something that preserves
text as text, so that your recipients can (if they so desire)
search on that text, or copy/paste from your bulletin.

Absolutely agree. We're having a flood of people post code on Twitter
and LinkedIn, which don't support code markup/markdown, so they post
images.  There are several tools that make really pretty pictures... and
they're completely useless as you can't pick the code out of them. Hate
this.

Somebody suggested TeX/LaTeX. Excellent idea.

Don't know what a "post office bulletin" is, but this sounds like a
template problem ("all the fields filled in"). There are a lot of
templating engines in the Python world from string handling in the
standard library
(https://docs.python.org/3/library/string.html#template-strings) to
tools like JInja and Cheetah and a host of others.  I think there are
many of these listed on the wiki - maybe something here would suit your
needs?

https://wiki.python.org/moin/Templating

If you are interested in seeing what I called "post office bulletin"
(English is not my language and I don't know the name, sorry), you can
find a sample pdf (fillable) but it works badly here:

https://www.guardiacostiera.gov.it/venezia/Documents/Bollettino%20MOD.%20TD123.pdf