Not sure what you mean, but a for-else without a break is quite
useless. What exactly ARE you arguing here?

The else is associated with the break to the exact extent that one is
essential to the other's value.

I'm not arguing. That was just for the record, how things are done in Python. Basically, I simply asked a question and got a definite answer and clear understanding shortly, in a few replies. All the rest of this thread looks irrelevant to me, it's about coding style and probably should be continued under a different title, but I'm not interested to participate in it.

Axy.