On 15/11/2022 04:36, Dan Stromberg wrote:

On Mon, Nov 14, 2022 at 11:33 AM Axy via Python-list <python-list@python.org> wrote:

    On 14/11/2022 17:14, Stephen Tucker wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have two related issues I'd like comments on.
    >
    > Issue 1 - Global Values

    Your "global variables" module acts exactly as a singleton class.

Which is apparently a design pattern that some now believe is regrettable.

Exactly. I dislike it too and always avoid. However, it could be a good starting point. Stepping directly into class-based approach would raise the same question: where to place global instance of that class. Gradual refactoring might have greater side effect of better overall design where many issues simply vanished by themselves. Maybe, (c) will change in favor of well-designed classes, who knows? Dropping singleton code is not a difficult task.

Axy.