On 2/2/2023 1:56 PM, אורי wrote:
deadsnakes ppa don't have Python 3.10 for Ubuntu 22.04.

https://launchpad.net/~deadsnakes/+archive/ubuntu/ppa <https://launchpad.net/~deadsnakes/+archive/ubuntu/ppa>
אורי
u...@speedy.net <mailto:u...@speedy.net>

I just last night installed 3.10.9 on Debian Buster following the directions at

https://computingforgeeks.com/how-to-install-python-latest-debian/

I only changed the file name of the Python tarball. However, if you want to use tkinter, the Tk development libraries need to be on your machine before you run ./configure. The package name may change, but for me it was

sudo apt-get install tk-dev

(see https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5459444/tkinter-python-may-not-be-configured-for-tk)

It does not replace the Debian Python3 link to 3.7.3 so it should not interfere with normal Debian system services.

(The highest Debian-supported version of Python on Buster is still 3.7+).

On Wed, Feb 1, 2023 at 8:14 PM Thomas Passin <li...@tompassin.net <mailto:li...@tompassin.net>> wrote:

    On 2/1/2023 12:36 PM, אורי wrote:
     > Thank you all.
     >
     > I'm not familiar with snap update but I did `sudo apt update` &
    `sudo apt
     > upgrade`, but about one or two months ago.
     >
     > אורי
     > u...@speedy.net <mailto:u...@speedy.net>

    You can probably install it from the deadsnakes repository:

    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:deadsnakes/ppa

    More than likely it will have your package.  See

    https://github.com/deadsnakes <https://github.com/deadsnakes>