On 2/4/2023 10:13 PM, 2qdxy4rzwzuui...@potatochowder.com wrote:
On 2023-02-04 at 17:59:11 -0500,
Thomas Passin <li...@tompassin.net> wrote:

On 2/4/2023 10:05 AM, ^Bart wrote:
Hi guys,

On a Debian Bullseye server I have a lftp upload and after it I should
send an email.

[...]

[...] you could run a shell script that sends the file with lftp, and
depending on the return code uses xdg-email to send one of the two
messages. This would probably be simpler than using Python.

xdg-email appears to be for interactive use (it opens the user's
"preferred email composer"); I think sendmail would work much better
from a script.

Otherwise, I had the same initial thought, to add to and/or build a
wrapper around the existing lftp script.

I have never used it, and I did see that wording in the man page, but it also showed putting all the info on the command line - from, to, subject, etc - so I thought it might be able to use a command line client without needed any GUI interaction. But I don't know for sure.