On 01/03/2023 00:13, Peter J. Holzer wrote:
[This isn't specifically about DIPY, I've noticed the same thing in
other announcements]

On 2023-02-28 13:48:56 -0500, Eleftherios Garyfallidis wrote:
Hello all,

We are excited to announce a new release of DIPY: DIPY 1.6.0 is out from
the oven!
That's nice, but what is DIPY?

In addition, registration for the oceanic DIPY workshop 2023 (April 24-28)
is now open! Our comprehensive program is designed to equip you with the
skills and knowledge needed to master the latest techniques and tools in
structural and diffusion imaging.
Ok, so since the workshop is about ".., tools in structural and
diffusion imaging", DIPY is probably such a tool.

However, without this incidental announcement I wouldn't have any idea
what it is or if it would be worth my time clicking at any of the links.

I think it would be a good idea if software announcements would include
a single paragraph (or maybe just a single sentence) summarizing what
the software is and does.

         hp

+1
Rob Cliffe