On 3/7/2023 2:02 PM, avi.e.gr...@gmail.com wrote:
Some of the discussions here leave me confused as the info we think we got
early does not last long intact and often morphs into something else and we
find much of the discussion is misdirected or wasted.

Apologies. I'm the OP and also the OS (original sinner). My "mistake" was to go for a "stream of consciousness" kind of question, rather than a well researched and thought out one.

You are correct, Avi. I have a simple web UI, I came across the Whoosh video and got infatuated with the idea that Whoosh could be used for create a autofill function, as my backend is already Python/Flask. As many have observed and as I have also quickly realized, Whoosh was overkill for my use case. In the meantime people started asking questions, I responded and, before you know it, we are all discussing the intricacies of JavaScript web development in a Python forum. Should I have stopped them? How?

One thing is for sure: I am really grateful that so many used so much of their time to help.

A big thank you to each of you, friends.

Dino