On 29Mar2023 13:47, windhorn <aewindh...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have an older laptop I use for programming, particularly Python and Octave, running a variety of Debian Linux, and I am curious if there is a "standard" place in the file system to store this type of program file. OK, I know they should go in a repository and be managed by an IDE but this seems like way overkill for the kind of programming that I do, normally a single file. Any suggestions welcome, thanks.

Are you writing personal scripts? ~/bin then.

Person modules you import in your personal scripts? I put these in ~/lib/python/cs/ for my modules, which are all named "cs.*" (avoids conflict). But that's just me.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <c...@cskk.id.au>