On 4/11/2023 6:58 AM, Chris Angelico wrote:
On Tue, 11 Apr 2023 at 20:15, Jim Schwartz <jsch...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

What’s the problem now?  Is it with python on windows?  I use python on windows
so I’d like to know. Thanks

Python itself is fine, but a lot of third-party packages are hard to
obtain. So if you need numpy, for instance, or psycopg2, you might
need to find an alternative source.

I've noticed a big change in the last few years in that PyPi has many, many amd-64 packages than it used to in the heyday of Christoph Gohlke's efforts. I haven't needed to go there for some time whereas I used to need to all the time. So if I "need numpy, for instance, or psycopg2" for Windows, I get them from PyPi.

Yes, I know that some projects haven't caught up to Python 3.11x yet. And I'm glad I haven't needed to create a binary wheel for Windows myself. But the situation is way better than it used to be. I've had more trouble with Python and Python packages on Linux than on Windows.