Dennis Lee Bieber ha scritto:
On Thu, 13 Apr 2023 00:21:58 +0200, jak <nos...@please.ty> declaimed the
following:

Thank you too. I had seen this library but I always try not to use
libraries outside the standard ones. Now I don't remember why I was
convinced that this wasn't part of it, perhaps because it was like that
at the time or because I got confused. Only now I realized that it is
not necessary to install it. Now I'm considering whether to use
'ipaddress' or 'socket'. What is certain is that this one you have
suggested is really comfortable. Thanks again for the report.

        It is useful to skim the contents of the standard library documentation
every couple of releases. ipaddress came in with Python 3.3

https://docs.python.org/3.10/library/index.html (I dropped down to 3.10
just as that is the version I have installed; some 3rd party modules
weren't ready when I tried to install on 3.11)

Then it was my fault. The version was 3.8.6