On 04/10/2023 19.41, Chris Angelico via Python-list wrote:
On Wed, 4 Oct 2023 at 15:27, dn via Python-list <python-list@python.org> wrote:
- should the class have been called either;

      class SomethingSingleton():

or a Singleton() class defined, which is then sub-classed, ie

      class Something( Singleton ):

in order to better communicate the coder's intent to the reader?

TBH, I don't think it's right to have a Singleton class which is
subclassed by a bunch of different singletons. They aren't really
subclasses of the same class. I could imagine Singleton being a
metaclass, perhaps, but otherwise, they're not really similar to each
other.

I'm with you on this - should have made Singleton() an ABC.

Yes, would only be a skeleton around which concrete singleton classes could be built.

Like you, I v.rarely use them - but which means that the ABC is useful because it would save me from having to remember the curly-bits all-over-again...

--
Regards,
=dn