On 2023-12-25 19:53, Alan Gauld via Python-list wrote:
On 25/12/2023 05:34, geetanajali homes via Python-list wrote:

import numpy as np import pandas as pd import random import matplotlib.pyplot as plt %matplotlib inline I get an error on the last line. I am running this code in Idle Python 3.4.4 Shell...

Python names can't start with a % (its the modulo or
string formatting operator).

I know nothing of the innards of matplotlib so I can only
suggest a closer examination of their tutorial information.

I believe it's a feature of Jupyter specifically. It won't work in IDLE.