On 2023-12-25 12:36, Mike Dewhirst wrote:

3. You cannot trust Microsoft. You can trust Python Software Foundation. Python
from PSF works the same in all environments - or if not it is a bug. Python
from Microsoft is tweaked to satisfy their aforementioned strategy of locking
in users to Windows.

I strongly disagree with this. I don't get all the irrational hate for Microsoft that exists within the Linux community. In recent years, Microsoft has made great contributions to the everyday life of Linux users. VS Code is based on open source and available on Linux, .NET is now on Linux, Windows has WSL2 and Visual Studio Linux development tools to help you develop software for Linux, SQL Server (despite still being commercial software except for the Express and Developer versions) is on Linux, etc.