On 2/19/2024 9:17 AM, Grant Edwards via Python-list wrote:
On 2024-02-19, Thomas Passin <li...@tompassin.net> wrote:

About 24 hours later, all of my posts (and the confirmation e-mails)
all showed up in a burst at the same time on two different unrelated
e-mail accounts.

I still have no clue what was going on...

Sometimes a post of mine will not show up for hours or even half a day.
They are all addressed directly to the list.  Sometimes my email
provider sends me a notice that the message bounced.  Those notices say
that the address wasn't available when the transmission was tried.

Here is a typical bounce message that I get:

<python-list@python.org>: host mail.python.org[188.166.95.178] said: 450-4.3.2
    Service currently unavailable 450 4.3.2

Some time after I get one of these messages I re-send the post. Usually it gets through then.

I guess that in future I'll wait a couple days before I assume
something is broken.

--
Grant