On 4/8/2024 3:35 PM, Keith Thompson via Python-list wrote:
Thomas Passin <li...@tompassin.net> writes:
On 4/8/2024 2:01 PM, Dietmar Schwertberger via Python-list wrote:
To be sure, you can always go the the directory of the Python
interpreter and open a cmd window there.
(By entering 'cmd' into the explorer address bar.)
Then enter 'python.exe -mpip install paramiko'.
This way you can be sure that you're not running a pip.exe that
belongs to another Python interpreter.

This is not quite right. The best name of the Python executable may or
may not be "python.exe".  The command line needs a space after the
"-m":

No, the option and its argument can be bundled.  "-mpip" is equivalent
to "-m pip".  (The space might make it clearer for human readers.)

Oh, surprise, thanks for the correction. My apologies to Dietmar. I'd stick with the space, though, because it's often required by other programs. No sense developing a conflicting habit...