On 5/29/2024 3:14 AM, Chris Angelico via Python-list wrote:
On Wed, 29 May 2024 at 16:03, Cameron Simpson via Python-list
<python-list@python.org> wrote:
By which Thomas means stuff like this:

      print(f'if block {name[index]} and index {index}')

Notice the leading "f'". Personally I wouldn't even go that far, just:

      print('if block', name[index], 'and index', index)

But there are plenty of places where f-strings are very useful.

I wouldn't replace str.format() everywhere, nor would I replace
percent encoding everywhere - but in this case, I think Thomas is
correct. Not because it's 2024 (f-strings were brought in back in
2015, so they're hardly chronologically special),

I only meant that they have been around for 9 years and are usually more readable, so just change over already. I had some inertia over them myself (imagine sticking with % formatting!) so I understand.

but because most of
this looks like debugging output that can take advantage of this
feature:

print(f"if block {name[index]=} {index=}")

ChrisA