Change is hard even when it may be necessary.

The argument often is about whether some things are necessary or not.

Python made a decision but clearly not a unanimous one.

My current PC was not upgradable because of the new hardware requirement
Microsoft decided was needed for Windows 11. I bought a new one a while back
and turned it on in another room and then set it aside because replacing the
current one in the current position will be a pain, especially with getting
all my wires and so on, and since I do not want to use a full copy of my
data including many obsolete things, that will be another pain to get what I
need, if I can remember. Complicating issues also include licenses for
things in fixed amounts and the likelihood of messing up the
hardware/software I have that records shows from cable to my hard disk,
possibly needing to buy a new one.

I mention this in the context of examples of why even people who are fairly
knowledgeable do not feel much need to fix what does not feel broken.

I have wondered if instead of doing what Microsoft wants, if maybe switching
to Linux of some kinds makes as much sense. I suspect some may simply
upgrade to an Apple product.

And think of all the PC's that may effectively be discarded as they may not
even be usable if donated.

We live in a rapidly developing age and hence one with regularly and
irregularly scheduled rounds of obsolescence.

When is Python 4 coming?