Title: Os.fork() replacement for windows.

Ok ladies and gentlemen,

I'm attemtping to port a unix based app written in python over to windows.  However this app relies on the os.fork() to achieve parallelism for sending and receiving network packets.  I need to 'fork' the code to send a series of packets and parse them on return.  I have been looking into twisted to attempt to achieve capability but it looks like I'd have to rewrite the app from the ground up to deal with asynchronous operations and attempting to make it all re-entrant which is a huge task and something I'd prefer to avoid if there is a better solution available.  Any ideas?

Thanks so much,
Zack Payton