On 11/2/05, Zlatko Matić <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I was trying to install PygreSQL and psychopg2 in order to use python as front-end for PostgreSQL, on WIndows XP.
When I tried to install by calling setup.py from command prompt ("setup.py install"), in both cases I had the same error:

"error: Python was built with version 7.1 of Visual Studio, and extensions need to be built with the same version of the compiler, but it isn't installed."

What does it mean ? What am I supposed to do?

It means you are trying to install from source (I assume you downloaded tarballs of pygresql and psycopg), and it needs a compiler to build the source. Your Python was installed as a Windows binary, right? (you did point-and-click install of Python?) It appears you do not have Visual Studio installed on your system. I have no idea if these database libraries will build with VS, I've never tried on Windows. Another thing, you need all the postgres libraries and headers to build these packages, and I don't know if postgres win32 includes these.

Rob