> On the subject of memory statistics, I'm surprised no-one has mentioned
> "top" in this thread (as far as I'm aware): I would have thought such
> statistics would have been available to "top" and presented by that
> program.

Talking about "top", this article may be useful:

On measuring memory usage
http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/1445

--
Nicola Larosa - [EMAIL PROTECTED]

...Linux security has been better than many rivals. However, even
the best systems today are totally inadequate. Saying Linux is
more secure than Windows isn't really addressing the bigger issue
 - neither is good enough. -- Alan Cox, September 2005