> Let's just note that sturgeon's law applies to all programmers, and
> let it go at that. I'll get back to this.

fine

> And thank you.

you are welcome

> I'm not a big fan of popularity for the sake of popularity.
neither am I

> "it would make Python more popular" isn't an adequate
> justification for a change

I disagree.  The world desperately needs programming languages,
frameworks, etc. that allow for the more efficient creation and
maintenance of software application - web or otherwise.  I happen to
think that Python is something that could help.  With this regard the
popularity of Python seems relevant to me.

>and *certainly* not for a change that is
> otherwise undesirable.

please explain