This may be a little OT, but it does involve python scripts. I’ve written a server that hosts my companies asset management system. Of course something like this cannot be down for very long without data being lost (of course I have taken measures to inform the user of the down time and ask them nicely to please try again later… but in the real world people will just bypass the system and save manually). So what I need is some facility to start the server, and if it goes down, automatically start it back up again.

If anyone has any ideas on how I might accomplish this, either with python code, or third party software, I’d love to hear about it.

Thanks,

Ron Griswold

Character TD

R!OT Pictures