Petr> Hello, I am trying to study/understand OOP principles using
    Petr> Python. I have found following code http://tinyurl.com/a4zkn about
    Petr> FSM (finite state machine) on this list, which looks quite useful
    Petr> for my purposes. As this code was posted long time ago (November
    Petr> 1998) I would like to ask if the principles used in this code are
    Petr> still valid in the "modern" Python and if/how it can be improved
    Petr> (revrited) using futures of current version of Python.

A more up-to-date version of my finite state machine class (referenced in
the 1998 post you refer to) is available here:

    http://orca.mojam.com/~skip/python/fsm.py

It's still in use, though I haven't written anything new with it in a year
or so.

Skip