I'm using standard widows xp installation of Python 2.4.2. I tried to
find some help for print and entered

>>> help()

and then chose

help> print

Sorry, topic and keyword documentation is not available because the
Python
HTML documentation files could not be found.  If you have installed
them,
please set the environment variable PYTHONDOCS to indicate their
location.

help>

I did set the environment variable PYTHONDOCS to C:\Python24\Doc (in
that folder I have Python24.chm) but got the same error. I then
downloaded html files and put them in PYTHONDOCS to C:\Python24\Doc
folder and then changed PYTHONDOCS to
C:\Python24\Doc\Python-Docs-2.4.2\doc but to no avail. What should I do
to get this to work?

Any ideas?