I've published sample code that uses Python
on the server side to implement AJAX
type ahead completion for web forms.  Please see
documentation with links to examples and downloads at

http://xsdb.sourceforge.net/xFeed.html

"Type ahead completion" is a form of AJAX
(asyncronous javascript with XML) functionality
where the page attempts to suggest completions
for partial form values by consulting a
web server component in the background.  Google Suggest
is a famous example.  For examples using
my python code please see

http://www.xfeedme.com/zip/zipcompletions_async.html or
http://www.xfeedme.com/xsdbXML/xFeed/BookMatch.html.

These pages must be viewed with a recent browser such
as FireFox 1.5, Safari 2.0, or IE 6.0.

The AJAX server component is configured for use
either as a Python CGI script or as a Apache server mod-python
module.

I hope you enjoy it and use it well :).
Please let me know if you have problems with it
or other comments.

  Thanks!  -- Aaron Watters

===
Chemistry may lead to a better life,
but Biology is more fun.  -- seen on a teeshirt