Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
> Dimitrios Charitatos wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>I suspect that there is a quite straight forward answer to this, but I
>>can't find it... I want to import an image and extract a matrix (or array)
>>from it with elements showing the RGB value of each pixel. But I want to
>>be able to do this with all types of image formats. It was suggested that
>>a function such as 'B = numeric.from_image(A)' was used but I can't find
>>it in any of the libraries. I was hoping you could help me on this.
>

> You have to install the numeric library for that. Googling numeric python
> will bring you there pretty quick.
>
> Diez
Is there a difference between the 'Numeric' and 'numeric' module?
I have on my system only Numeric... And this has no function like
'from_image'.

The usual way of doing such things is to use PIL (Python Image Library)
to load the image from file, then export it from PIL to a Python string
in order to import from this string to an array of the targeted
numerical module.

Really curious if there is a direct way in any of the numerical
packages, as it would save the time and effort of unnecessary
conversions from PIL, ImageMagick or from other image libraries.

Claudio