Greetings,

I was the last time who asked your opinion about Infinite Loops and
crontab. I settled with crontab where in the python program selects a
number of records from a mysql database and then releases Threads (which
is actually CORBA clients) that report to a CORBA server, wait a
response and mark the record as "done" if everything's working fine.

The crontab is scheduled to run every 1 minute. My question is this: Is
there any way I could manage the number of threads to release? How can I
kill a certain Thread if its inactive for sometime? Also I encountered
some bottleneck problems on mysql. What's the best way to avoid these
problems? Thanks in advance and more power to python! :-)