> Install python using fink, and invoke that. Should work against X11 for
> all GUI-Toolkits.

I prefer not to do this.  Darwin is already a Unix, and Apple provides
a version of X11 that works well with it.  Fink seems like an
unecessary layer that I would rather not mess with.  Tcl/Tk has a very
simple way to select.  It would be nice if Python did something similar
(command line option, an environment variable, whatever).  I looked for
an option in the build process, and from what I can tell, the OS X
version looks like it only builds a single version (TkAqua).

TkAqua and TkX11 do differ, and it would be nice to see the same script
run under both Aqua and X11 without having to switch machines.