John Salerno wrote:
> benchline wrote:
>
>>Since you want to learn to use python with a database you may want to
>>try it with SQLite.
>
> The thing about mysql is that it's also the db used on my website, so I
> figure it might be nice to learn that one in case I ever need to use
> that db also. Unless the basic uses for all databases are the same (i.e.
> if it isn't like learning a new language for each different database)

Most of what you learn working with SQLite will apply to any relational
database you use from Python - how to use DB-API and how to write SQL
(or how to avoid writing SQL with SQLObject or SQLAlchemy). There are
pesky differences in data types and how to pass parameters but the
basics are the same.

Kent