David Rasmussen wrote:
> I am trying to make a programmer's editor (and later a full IDE), and I
> want things like syntax highlighting etc. I could of course roll my own
> fancy editing control, but if STC could solve my problem and is flexible
> enough, then I'll use that for now :)

There are at least two (that I know of) editors written in Python and
based on the STC.  Going from memory, PyPE is one, and the other is ...
  um... well, it's too early in the morning to recall but I'm sure it
wouldn't be hard to find.  Full source is available for either and while
rolling your own anything is fun and educational, I think both of these
are simple enough that you'd probably prefer to stand on their authors'
shoulders, or at least learn from the code first.

-Peter