In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> these days, most end users get their Python either with their OS,
> or by downloading a prebuilt installer.

Oh, ok. I've just never heard such people referred to as "the
distributors" before. It sounds like some sort of TV series! ;-)

>> I guess I just don't get why the inclusion of the pysqlite wrapper
>> is so exciting if all it's doing is changing the situation from
>> "Python does not come with a DB, but you can install extra software
>> to provide one" to "Python does not come with a DB, but you can
>> install extra software to provide one".
>
> I assume you stopped reading at "just as they've included zlib, dbm,
> tcl/tk, openssl, and many other standard libraries over the years."

I'll assume you didn't read my post properly then, since I did no such
thing.

Never mind, it was just meant to be an innocuous question, and
I'm certainly not disagreeing with the decision to include pysqlite.