Sudden Disruption a écrit :
> Bruno,
>

>>It doesn't. Technical possible, but BDFL's decision...
>

> Sure.  But why bother?

Because I do like recursion, and would personnally prefer tail-recursion
optimisation over nice tracebacks. But I'm not in position to decide
anything here.

> Anything that can be done with recursion can be done with iteration.
> Turng proved that in 1936.

Yes. And everything done with Python can be done with assembly language
too.

> Recursion was just an attempt to "unify" design approach by abstracting
> itteration and creating a new context.  It allowed the programmer to
> isolate himself from the reality that he was actually iterating.  Talk
> about mind fuck.

Recursion is the most convenient way to express some common algorithms.
Too bad for you if it does some nasty things to your mind.