On 12/07/06, Fredrik Lundh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If the output of the script is sent to a logfile, this tends to puke all
> over the logfile... creating one additional entry per iteration, but it's a
> good start and I'll look at that link which looks very promising.

there's no way to do this without sending more stuff to stdout than you
see; however, it's easy to *disable* the spinner if you're redirecting the
output.  hint:

$ python -c "import sys; print sys.stdout.isatty ()"
True
$ python -c "import sys; print sys.stdout.isatty()" >out
$ more out
False

</F>

Thanks, that will do nicely. It will be sufficient to do this testing using isatty() and have the progress bar or spinner.

-h