On May 6, 2014, at 6:07 AM, Imran Geriskovan <imran.gerisko...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Honestly, I do expect some misconfiguration on my side but I couldn't track
> it down to the source. So I want to make sure I'm the only one with
> such a problem.
>
> The machine is an up to date Debian Sid with all fresh updates.
> sources.list: deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
>
> It has a typical installation with no customizations on Python,
> OpenSsl, ca-certificates, etc. ca-certificates is especially up-to-date.
>
> A site example:
> www.linkedin.com:443 Can connect
> static.licdn.com:443 Can not connect

You can narrow down the problem by doing something like this:

echo | openssl s_client -CApath /etc/ssl/certs/ -connect static.licdn.com:443 |
grep 'Verify return code'

Both verify OK for me here on Ubuntu 14.04 and OS X 10.9.

If that says the same thing as asyncio, (ok for linkedin.com, not ok for
licdn.com) then perhaps the issue is with your network.

Good luck,

-glyph