I don't have (1), but if you have to do (2), I would suggest starting with
aiohttp and liberally copying from the Python 3 stdlib xmlrpc package. As
long as you don't violate Python's pretty liberal open source license, you
shouldn't have to worry about licensing.

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)